LAUGH IT UP
No one knows for certain why we laugh, But here are some of The benefits :
• Relax: The relaxed feeling you get after a fit of laughter is similar to the one you get after a workout. And it can last for up to an hour.
• Immune system boost: It increases your body’s production of antibodies and T-cells that fight off disease and boost your immune system. Laughing increases your pain tolerance and decreases your blood pressure too.• Burning calories: Not many, but it can help.
• Firing up your brain: For it to be funny, we must analyze and process jokes and absurd situations. A wee I.Q. boost.
• Stress levels plummet: People with a strong sense of humor become less depressed and anxious than those with a less developed sense of humor.
• Reinforces relationships: Laughing in a group forms strong social bonds. (That explains why my co-workers are so tight. They laugh together all the time.