The Solid Waste Department will collect Christmas trees curbside. Residents are asked to view the Christmas Tree Collection Schedule below. If you are unsure of your area’s COLLECTION WEEK for Christmas trees, please phone the Waste Management Hotline at (902) 567-1337.
2018 Christmas Tree Collection Schedule
Now til Saturday, January 13, 2018
Christmas Tree Collection
1. Christmas trees must be placed curbside before 7:00am on your regular collection day during your area’s scheduled Christmas tree collection week.
2. Remove tree stand, decorations, lights, nails, wire, and plastic from the Christmas tree before placing the tree curbside.
3. Christmas trees must be uncovered on area’s scheduled collection day. Remove any plastic that was used to remove the tree from your home. Do not cover the tree with a blanket or tarp. Make sure the tree has not become buried in snow or stuck to ice.
4. Residents must place their Christmas tree at the end of their driveway in a location that is clearly visible. Make sure the tree is accessible and can be safely removed by the collector. A tree placed on top of a snow bank, located in a ditch, buried in snow or frozen to the ground will not be removed by collector.
5. Artificial Christmas trees will not be collected curbside. Artificial trees can be taken to the Waste Management Facility on SPAR Road in Sydney. The site is open 8:00am to 4:00pm Tuesday to Saturday.
6. Christmas trees will not be collected curbside from commercial businesses. Businesses can bring their Christmas trees to the Waste Management Facility on SPAR Road.
Residents who have questions are encouraged to phone the phone the hotline at (902) 567-1337. Educators are available to respond to inquiries from 8:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday or visit CBRM’s website at www.cbrm.ns.ca/solidwaste.